Luka and my wife

A couple of things happened recently that have motivated me to start this football blog. One was a sublime goal by Luka Modric against Liverpool a few days ago. The other was my wife 'suggesting' that I should start a blog (neatly playing on my ego rather than telling me to stop boring her with my ramblings).

That Modric goal was actually something of an affirmation of football for me. For a while now, I've been feeling a little disconnected from football games. Maybe this had something to do with Tottenham's poor start to the season (the Hearts match aside). I also reckon I've been guilty of watching with a kind of overly-analytical approach, possibly due to Fantasy Football. But when that goal flew in, I went a bit mental, shouting barely recognisable words, spitting pistachio nuts on the floor and jumping on the spot for about 30 seconds. The passion was back. The fact that it was against Liverpool (maybe my least favourite team in the Premier League) AND that I had a bet on the final outcome may have played a part as well.

Let me just conclude by saying this won't be a blog about Spurs, more about football in general with a focus on the Premier League and maybe European leagues. I'll cop a bit of shit and dish some out too, so it should be fun. Please feel free to comment.

TWAT! That was liquid football!

Comments

  1. Just so I get an accurate mental picture of the effect that that goal had on you... were you eating pistachio nuts immediately prior to the goal? I kind of hope that you have never eaten them and that you quite literally went nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it would have been good if I hadn't been eating them but I was stuffing my face prior to said goal. I even cut my thumb on one of the shells.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment